I’m always surprised just how much use I get out of the larger creatures. Given that some of them only have small portions of edible meat on their bodies, but the basilisk, depending on it’s prior diet, can supply me with a festival’s worth of meat if I use it properly. It’s not a creature I get to put on the menu often, not a lot of adventurers are eager to put their swords and spells against it for the measly rewards I pay out, but when I do— boy, when I do…
- 1 lb of basilisk meat, finely ground
- 1 apple, preferably red or yellow, completely shredded
- 3 sliced green onions
- 3 tbsp apple juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rolls, one per sandwich, sliced in half
- Cheddar cheese slices, one per sandwich
- Red or yellow apple, sliced lengthways, to top the sandwich with
In a bowl, combine all ingredients, aside from the brown mustard and honey. Mix with your hands for the best effect, and do not overmix. Separate into four patties. Heat a pan over medium heat and add a tiny bit of butter to grease it – apply the patties once the butter is melted. Cook for five minutes on each side.
Add the cheese to the tops and allow to cook for an additional minute to melt.
Whisk together the brown mustard and honey. Put the burgers on the rolls, top with honey mustard, apple slices, and the tops of the rolls. Serve.